sexta-feira, 25 de setembro de 2009

Rasmus Henning Fractures Hand - Still Expects To Compete At Ironman Hawaii


http://www.slowtwitch.com/articles/images/5/2185-medium_RasmusH5.jpg

* September 24 2009


Tuesday afternoon, Danish dark horse for the win at Ironman Hawaii, Rasmus Henning, crashed on his bike during training and fractured his right hand. After surgery Thursday afternoon, the Danish triathlete has decided to try and make it to Hawaii anyway. His hand will be in a cast for the next ten days and Henning will see a delayed departure for Hawaii, but competing at Ironman Hawaii has been his big goal all year, and he’ll try to do the best he can under these changed conditions.

“I had a minor crash on my bike on some slippery pavement and I broke my hand. I’m really sad that this happens so close to Ironman Hawaii and I was in utter disbelief at first. But after I slept on it and also saw all the thoughts and ‘get better’ wishes on my Facebook wall and on sms and mail, I thought: I’m going! I talked to the doctors and they said it was okay for me to compete at Kona after the surgery when the cast can some off in ten days time. I can’t swim until a couple of days before the race and only bike at a spinning bike but I would rather compete than not,” says Rasmus Henning.

“I had to re-frame after my accident, but if I can keep training on a reasonable level up until October 10 I hope to be able to make a good result anyway. Now I have nothing to loose and Hawaii has been my main objective all year. I want to compete says the Danish Ironman.

Rasmus Henning will have a delayed departure for Hawaii than expected, and will relax and rest the next few days.

Sem comentários: