The routeRunning from Saturday July 2nd to Sunday July 24th 2011, the 98th Tour de France will be made up of 21 stages and will cover a total distance of 3,430.5 kilometres.
These stages have the following profiles:
- 10 flat stages,
- 6 mountain stages and 4 summit finishes,
- 3 medium mountain stages,
- 1 individual time-trial stage (42.5 km).
- 1 team time-trial stage (23 km).
Distinctive aspects of the race
- le Galibier climbed twice,
- 2 rest days,
- 23 level 2, 1 or highest level mountain passes or summit finishes,
- no bonuses will be awarded during the intermediate sprints and stage finishes.
15 new stage townsBlaye-les-Mines, Cap Fréhel, Carhaix, Carmaux, Cugnaux, Galibier Serre-Chevalier, Limoux, Modane - Valfréjus, Mont des Alouettes Les Herbiers, Mûr-de-Bretagne, Olonne-sur-Mer, Passage du Gois La Barre-de-Monts, Pinerolo (Italie), Redon, Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux
THE TOUR SUMMITS
Long Live Le Tour.......