sexta-feira, 10 de julho de 2009

Michael Phelps 50.22 fly W.R.

Another day another world record for Michael Phelps in the 100 meter fly

Phelps Five individual world records...that how many Michael Phelps can now claim after his swim today at the U.S. national championships.

The 14-time Olympic gold medalist crushed Ian Crocker's record of 50.40 in the 100 meter fly which had stood since 2005 world championships in Montreal.

The star of the Beijing Olympic games lowered the record to 50.22 seconds at the Indiana University Natatorium.

"Crock had a ton more first 50 speed than I did. That's something I've really been working on," Phelps said. "I've always been able to come home pretty strong. I finally got the front half a little bit faster. If I can get that even faster, I'll be in better shape."

According to the Associated Press:

"Phelps led at 50 meters with a split of 23.83, just three-tenths off world-record pace. Known for his strong finishes, he pulled clear down the stretch to beat Tyler McGill, who touched in 51.06. Aaron Peirsol was third in 51.30."

Sem comentários: