segunda-feira, 16 de março de 2009

À conversa com Jo Lawn...


Vou deixar aqui alguns exertos de uma entrevista de Joanna Lawn, a vencedora do Ironman New Zealand por 6 vezes e que este ano ficou em segundo lugar...


ST: How are you recovering from Ironman NZ? Jo: It has only been a week and I feel pretty good. My body bounced back quickly. The amount of training for this buildup was a lot less than normal and I have recovered faster than normal. I feel pretty good now, but training hasn’t started so when that gets underway I will know whether or not I have recovered or not…


ST: Please describe a typical hard training week for us. Jo: Swim 6 days a week anywhere from 25-30km, bike 6 days a week anywhere from 500-700km, run 6 days a week anywhere from 90km, gym work 2 hours a week. Within this week I also get 2 deep tissue massages. I feel pretty beat up from these but it is crucial from the long term longevity of being an Ironman athlete.

ST: How do you spend the off-season? Jo: Off-season? What is that and when is that? Well I guess for us Aussies and Kiwis we don’t really have one. Generally after Kona I take a good one and a half months off, then again after Taupo. And what do I do? Eat out a lot…..and shop….visit sponsors….sleep in….

link da entrevista para Slowtitch

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/The_always_steady_Jo_Lawn_726.html

Sem comentários: