sábado, 17 de julho de 2010

Hamburg WCS 2010

Snowy happy just to race...

Emma Snowsill considers herself lucky just to be back racing in the ITU triathlon world series

OLYMPIC champion Emma Snowsill has no expectations of being a world champion in 2010 and just wants to get to the start line of the Hamburg leg of ITU Triathlon Elite Cup tomorrow night.
Hip surgery and a virus sidelined her for a year and despite a win in the non-championship race in Des Moines last month, she says her goal is nothing more than consistency.
Snowsill is ranked 18th on the world championship table but has competed in just two events on the circuit this year.
"It has been fortunate to be out racing considering how sick I was earlier this year," said Snowsill from Germany yesterday.
"My goal this season has been basically to remain healthy and to be consistent throughout the remainder of the season and not necessarily to come away and look at winning the series as such.
"I'm approaching this race with the same aspect ... I'm on the start line and ready and able to go and that's all I can ask for."
Snowsill has spent the last five weeks training in Spain after travelling from the US and basing herself in Europe.
Former training partner and fellow Gold Coast-based ITU competitor Emma Moffatt, who is ranked seventh, has been training in France.
While she admitted returning to training had been a grind, Snowsill said her time on the sidelines may prove beneficial in the long term.
"It has given me time to rejuvenate and really let my body recover and recuperate," she said.

"It may turn out to be kind of a blessing in disguise, the way things have happened.
"Once I got over that, I got back into my training and have just been taking it a one step at a time.
"I'm hoping that basically the next two years I can continue to improve and I think it (the injury) has rewound the clock a bit back for me, hopefully it is keeping me younger."
Snowsill said the conditions in Germany had been unusually hot  conditions she thrives in.
She will race in London next weekend before returning  to Spain where she will continue training as the series builds towards grand final in Budapest on September 12.

Sem comentários: