domingo, 20 de fevereiro de 2011

Takapuna & Geelong featuring Team DAZ

                                  Vixter H.  does it again......




In the women’s race it was a repeat of last year with Great British triathlete Vicky Holland proving too strong for the best the Kiwis could muster on the day. Wanaka’s Nicky Samuels certainly made the defending champion work for her victory though, going clear on the bike in a solo ride that bought Samuels over a minute heading on to the run leg, it was a margin that Holland thought might be enough for victory.

"If I’m honest I thought Nicky had enough, I had a problem on the bike today with cramp so couldn’t do too much of my share, I thought we’ll see how it goes on the run and when we halved the deficit in the first lap I thought maybe we can catch.


"I got off the bike and really wasn’t sure how I would go, how I would run. I had been cramping down my left side but within 200 metres it started to ease off and I thought I would be alright and luckily it got better and better.


"This race and venue is fantastic, every time I come it is a great day, a great reception and a great race, I have to come back and look for the hat trick now, I will definitely be back.”

Hewitt ran toe to toe with Holland throughout the run as both passed Samuels but the Christchurch triathletes had no speed at the finish at this early stage of the season.

"I knew Nicky would go on the bike but didn’t know when and it turned out it was right at the start. I tried to chase and get the group to work but couldn’t get much help so we were chasing the whole time. I felt good on the run but didn’t have that extra speed with today being my first race of the season. It is a really nice race though and a good way to start the year.

Samuels like Holland thought she had done enough with a superb and gutsy bike ride.

"I thought a minute would be enough but had a few problems in the first kilometre on the run and that did it for the rest of the race. It was hard work definitely especially time trialling at the front, but I used the opportunity to go when the other girls were putting their shoes on so took my chance and went then, I just didn’t have it on the run today.”

The elite races concluded a fantastic day of racing with hundreds of beginner and age group athletes enjoying the same fully closed course around the Takapuna CBD in front of big crowds.

The Contact Tri Series now moves on to Wellington for the final round and the National Championships in mid March.
Contact Tri Series
Takapuna
500m swim, 16km bike, 4km run




Elite Women


1. Vicky Holland (Great Britain) 49:07  
2. Andrea Hewitt (Christchurch) 49:11
3. Nicky Samuels (Wanaka) 49:15
4. Rebecca Kingsford (Tirau) 50:17
5. Maddie Dillon (Auckland) 50:34

GEELONG SPRINT COURSE

Results
Elite Men
  • 1. Brad Kahlefeldt (Aust) 53.54
  • 2. Laurent Vidal (Fra) 53.58
  • 3. Brendan Sexton (Aust) 54.03
  • 4. Will Clarke (GBE) 54.12
  • 5. Cameron Good (Aust) 54.23
  • 6. Ryan Fisher (Aust) 54.41
  • 7. Dave Matthews (Aust) 54.45
  • 8. Jesse Featonby (Aust) 54.48
  • 9. Drew Box (Aust) 54.53
  • 10. Mitchell Robins (Aust) 54.58
Elite Women
  • 1. Emma Moffatt (Aust) 58.48
  • 2. Kirsten Sweetland (Can) 59.09
  • 3. Emma Jackson (Aust) 59.42
  • 4. Felicity Sheedy-Ryan (Aust) 59.44
  • 5. Liz Blatchford (GBE) 59.51
  • 6. Lauren Campbell (Can) 1.00.34
  • 7. Ashleigh Gentle (Aust) 1.01.03
  • 8. Charlotte McShane (Aust) 1:01:04
  • 9. Lisa Marangon (Aust) 1:01:43
  • 10. Vendula Frintova (CZE) 1:02:09
Media Release issued by USM Events



Sem comentários: